More than 20 passengers aboard the Mumbai bound Tejas Express on Sunday, are said to have suffered from food poisoning. The train was forced to stop at Chiplu when passengers complained of unease and pain after having the breakfast served on the train.
The Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) tweeted that 24 passengers had been admitted to LifeCare hospital for medical assistance. They also said that a Total no 220 breakfast (170 veg 130 non veg breakfast has been served. The passengers were treated at the hospital, discharged and later accommodated by the railways on Mumbai bound trains.
Later IRCTC tweeted that the Area officer of IRCTC at Madgaon and On-Board Manager are placed under suspension pending fact-finding report and food test report.
Today is World Food Day. Here are some of the tweets from IRCTC’s twitter account
Information source IRCTC’s twitter account: https://twitter.com/irctc_ltd?lang=en