Goa has won yet another award for tourism. The state picked up the accolade for “Best Beach Destination” at the India Travel Awards 2016. The award was collected by Mr. D.B Sawant, General Manager, GTDC, at the gala ceremony which took place at Novotel in Pune, recently.
“Goa is bestowed with beautiful beaches across the state and it is an endeavor of Goa Tourism to keep its natural resources treasured with beauty and cleanliness. Such awards won by Goa Tourism motivate us to work harder at the task of beautifying the beaches of Goa and making it even more attractive,” stated Dilip Parulekar, Tourism Minister of Goa.
This award is another feather in the cap for stakeholders of Tourism in Goa. Other forms of reward and recognition bestowed on the state for Tourism in 2016 include:
- Best Stall Décor award at the Travel and Tourism Fair, Kolkata
- Best Tourism Minister, PATWA
- Most Innovative product at the Travel and Tourism Fair, Hyderabad
- Fastest growing travel brand on social media, according to TravHQ study
- Ranked 3rd in TripAdvisor’s top 5 travellers’ choice destinations in India
- Favourite Spa Destination in India, Asia Spa Awards (reader’s choice)
- Best Destination for fun and relaxation, ITB Berlin
The Goa brand is continuously evolving as a tourist destination. While it is always nice to receive kudos, we must not sit back on our laurels, but instead see how we can improve the industry in the future.