Goa Yuva Sanchar Yojana (GYSY) was implemented by the Goa government recently. The scheme is aimed at youth between the age group of 16-30. Under the scheme, a free SIM card will be given to a person who meets the age criteria. The Goa government has tied up with Vodafone to provide the SIM cards and the service.
Under Goa Yuva Sanchar Yojana (GYSY):
- A free SIM card with a lifetime validity
- 100 minutes of free talk time (monthly)
- Free 3 GB data worth of internet (monthly)
The scheme has been approved by the cabinet and will be valid for 3 years. The Goa government intends to benefit 1.25 lakh youth of the state. In case the beneficiary is found misusing the scheme, the state government has made a provision to discontinue it.
Eligibility criteria for GYSY:
- Any person living in Goa for more than 5 years
- Between the age group of 16-30