ArticlesNews

Mapusa shines bright as LED Streetlights Inaugurated

Sandip Falari, Chairperson of Mapusa Municipal Council along with Goa State Urban Development Agency (GSUDA) Vice-Chairman Sudhir Kandolkar recently inaugurated the LED streetlights installed at the entrance of the town.

The streetlights are part of the beautification project. The project includes the widening of the road leading to Mapusa and construction of footpaths. The estimated cost of covering the stretch from Bodgeshwar temple to Hutamkar Chowk was Rs. 39 crore.

The illumination work included installation of 36 poles with 82 fixtures. The contractor Kenkre Electricals executed the project and the maintenance will be covered by them for 5 years.

Advertisement

Sudhir Kandolkar vice-chairperson from GSUDA said, “the beautification project has been completed 60 per cent and the remaining 40 per cent will be completed by year-end. The pace of the work was slow due to the sewerage work.”

In addition, GSUDA will set up high mast lamps in all 20 wards soon. We hope the period of darkness ends soon with erected street lamps all across the state.

 

Facebook Comments

Tags
Show More
Loading...

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close
Close