The Health Insurance Scheme
Deputy Chief Minister Francis D’Souza said, “The scheme will cover 15 lakh population of Goa, which includes three lakhs families from the state .”
Deputy Chief Minister, Francis D’Souza stated that the new health insurance scheme ‘Deen Dayal Swathya Seva Yojana’ which was recently rolled out by the government would cover the entire population of Goa. This novel and unique cashless health insurance scheme meets expenses of hospitalisation for medical and/or surgical procedure including maternity benefit to the enrolled families. The government has envisioned this scheme to provide Goans with quality medical care and surgery. This is subject to limits in any of the government hospitals, private hospitals and nursing homes.
How to avail the benefits
This is probably the best scheme the government has created and the reason I say this is because it will not cater to a particular group of people, but rather the entire population of Goa. However there are a few conditions you need to meet before you can avail of the benefits.
- The unit of enrollment for the scheme is family and it provides coverage for all families
- The individual/family has to be residing in Goa for five years or more
- The registration fee under this scheme will be Rs. 200 for a family of three or less
- Rs. 300 for a family of four members and above
- Concession of 50 percent will be given to OBC, SC/ST categories and differently-abled head of family
- For families of three or less, the insurance cover will be upto Rs. 2.5 lakhs
- For family members of four and more, the insurance cover will be upto Rs. 4 lakhs
The insurance benefits can be availed individually or collectively by members of the family. The premium will be paid by the Goa government to the insurance company on receipt of the list of beneficiaries, along with the necessary documents from the company. Under the scheme, pre-existing conditions/diseases are to be covered from day one. The scheme covers family comprising of household head, spouse and up-to three dependents resident of Goa for over five years.
This is great news! Write to us your thoughts in our comment box below.